Registration for online students (individuals)
If you would like to participate in this course online, Registration Closed. We will contact you with any course-specific information.
Registration procedure for college participation
We welcome colleges and universities to partner with NPTEL in the delivery of this online course. To initiate this process, the college/university/department head should write to email@example.com. In this email, a faculty member of the college/university should be identified as the mentor for this course, and contact details (including phone, email) of the mentor should be provided. The mentor’s role is crucial for the success of the course, and this includes the following:
(1) Proctoring the viewing of the online lecture at the college (the lecture could be projected onto a large screen, if needed)
(2) Enabling interaction through Video Conferencing
(3) Moderating and conducting the quiz during the lecture
(4) Grading the assignments with the help of a key given by the instructor
(5) Conducting the mid-semester and end-semester exam
(6) Grading the mid-semester and end-semester exam with a key given by the instructor.
NPTEL will enter into an MoU with the interested colleges/universities to enable the smooth conduct of the online course. We encourage colleges/universities to provide course credit to students for this online course, wherever possible. If course credit is not possible, a joint grade card/certificate may be issued by the college/university along with NPTEL. The role of IIT Madras in the certification process will be clarified shortly after identifying a suitable mechanism through its Centre for Continuing Education. If you have any questions or concerns about this process, please write to firstname.lastname@example.org in or visit NPTEL site periodically for updates.